By placing an order with Matthew Bushen, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below.
• The Client: The company, organisation or individual requesting the services of Matthew Bushen.
• Matthew Bushen: The freelance business of Matthew Bushen and any associated partners or appointed agents.
• Contract Cycle: the agreed period of time for when WordPress updates are performed which for this contract is once every month.
Matthew Bushen will carry out work only where a written confirmation is provided by email or post.
Matthew Bushen will carry out work only for Clients who are 18 years of age or above.
What is included:
• Updates to WordPress core once at the start of each contract cycle
• WordPress Plugin Updates once at the start of each contract cycle
• WordPress Theme Updates once at the start of each contract cycle
• If after updates to WordPress core, WordPress plugins or WordPress themes are performed it is determined that one or more of the updates cause problems for the overall functioning of the website, then the site will be ‘rolled back’ to the state before the updates were performed using the latest website backup. Matthew Bushen will then contact the Client to discuss options as to remedy the issue.
• Daily backup of Database
• Daily backup of Files
What is not included:
• Changes to the website content including text, images, pages, menus etc.
• Addition of new features to the website or modification of existing features
• Changes to the design of the website
• Installation of new WordPress plugins
• Installation of new WordPress themes
• Repair of website
• Any work required to remedy an issue where an update to WordPress core, WordPress plugins or WordPress themes has been found to cause problems to the overall functioning of the website. This work will be discussed with the Client beforehand and then charged separately at Matthew Bushen’s hourly rate.
This maintenance contract has been agreed as £25 per month. Maintenance contract fees are due upfront before any hours of work have been completed.
Matthew Bushen is a small business and requests that you pay the invoices sent to you promptly.
For maintenance plans, Matthew Bushen aims to invoice as close to beginning of the month as possible, and respectfully request that all payments be submitted within 7 days of receipt of invoice. Should a payment be late, Matthew Bushen reserves the right to freeze all work until accounts are settled, and to charge a 1.5% late fee on the outstanding amount compounded monthly.
This agreement remains in effect until either you or Matthew Bushen cancels it. You may cancel this contract at any time by providing thirty (30) days written notice (via post or email), provided that all payments are up-to-date. Should you decide to cancel this agreement, you acknowledge that that no refunds will be given on amounts you have already paid. You also authorize Matthew Bushen to charge your credit card or other payment method for any payments that remain outstanding.
Matthew Bushen reserves the right to cancel this agreement at any time, for any reason, and without prior notification. Should Matthew Bushen decide to cancel this agreement, you will be sent a cancellation notice either electronically or in writing. This notice will be sent to the physical or email address held on record.
While performing tasks related to this contract Matthew Bushen cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of the Client’s website. Matthew Bushen cannot guarantee that its work will be error-free and so Matthew Bushen also cannot be liable to the Client or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this web site and any other web pages, even if the Client has advised Matthew Bushen of the possibilities of such damages.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This agreement is subject to change without warning.
The Client cannot transfer this contract to anyone else without Matthew Bushen’s permission. This contract stays in place and need not be renewed. If for some reason one part of this contract becomes invalid or unenforceable, the remaining parts of it remain in place.
Follow us for hard facts on growing your business online
Connect with me personally
I regularly post how-to’s on
how to succeed online