Table of Contents
First of all, thank you for choosing matthewbushen.com for your web development project. We’re excited to collaborate with you to take your website to the next level.
Getting the Best out of your website
We’re skilled at providing the most value for you. A website build is a collaborative effort between the web developer and you as a key stakeholder. This is where we need your help and direction during the project. How much input you provide during the initial stages, your feedback response and how soon your content is provided all affects the timeline and quality of your project.
Our Website Design Process
Years of experience in building websites has evolved our processes into the 21-step process we show you today. This process is designed to provide you with the highest quality service and clarity throughout the project..
The process is straight forward and provides a roadmap to your websites creation in order to clearly communicate which phase of the development we are currently on.
Step 1: Initial Consultation (email, phone, zoom or in-person).
Step 2: Price Quote or Proposal.
Step 3: Statement of Work (SOW).
Step 4: Website Design/Development Contract.
Step 5: Non-Refundable 50% Deposit.
Step 6: Deep Dive with Client (Sitemap, set goals, expectations, and
review sites together).
Step 7: Submit 3-5 Templates or a 2-page Custom Mock-up.
Step 8: Request Content (including but not limited to logo, brand guidelines,
images, text content) with Google Drive.
Step 9: A Developer is given the project and website is started on our server.
Step 10: Client is provided 1st look at dev. link and we request revisions
(on desktop only).
Step 11: Next payment of 25% is required to move forward with revisions.
Step 12: Internally revisions are made and checked.
Step 13: Client provides second and last set of revisions. We make the changes.
Step 14: Client is given a final review of site on desktop for approval.
Step 15: Once desktop is approved mobile responsiveness is completed.
Step 16: Testing Website on multiple, browsers, devices, screen sizes, contact
forms, navigation items, hyperlinks, social media, anchor texts.
Step 17: Client pays remainder of balance (25%).
Step 18: We Publish the site on our servers or hand over files.
Step 19: An email with login’s & passwords provided to client.
Step 20: Client is offered additional services and/or 1-on-1 tutorial with
developer for £45 per hour.
Step 21: Client has 7 days to review and notify us of any errors where
updates are fixed free of charge.
What assets do you need to provide?
Providing your website assets and content before we start your project has a huge impact on the quality of your website build.
However we know this can be a daunting part for some business owners. So we can also build your site with dummy text and images which can be replaced during your revision rounds.
How to submit your assets?
We will send you a link to our Google Drive Account. This is where we will keep all of your content for the duration of your project.
Google Drive has an easy to use drag and drop interface for you to upload your content.
Your Google Drive folder will have various folders to upload content such as Sitewide assets, things such as logos and social media links. You will also have a folder called “Pages”, here you will put your content for each page. Simply drag and drop the files into the corresponding folder.
- Logo – Hi-Resolution 300ppi webp, png or gif files. these files should have a transparent background and must be at least 600 pixels wide.
- Images – webp, png, jpeg files that are 72ppi and at least 1500 pixels wide. Provide your images in a larger format as we can always scale them down but we cannot scale them up.
- We use shutterstock.com samples (watermarked) to fill in any gaps in the website. Once confirmed we’ll purchase these on your behalf and implement them for you, adding the cost to your bill.
All videos should be uploaded to YouTube / Vimeo and links provided for us to embed.
Text should always be provided in a Word or Google doc. the best way to see what text you need is to view competing businesses and compile the best content to suit your own business.
Here is some of the content we need –
- Page Titles – these will appear at the top of your page.
- Business Tagline – a short sentence that best describes your business.
- Page Text – this text for the individual pages should start at around 300 words per page minimum. This text should include Headers to break up large amounts of text. Call to actions such as button text to engage visitors. Feature information, the elements that appear in columns of 3 or 4 that quickly display your features.
- Contact Information – Your full details which will be used for visitors to contact and view your location. Include things like your business hours and postcode.
- Testimonials – including names,, quotes, links, photos.
- Product information – for ecommerce sites only, please provide product information such as titles, descriptions, SKU’s, shipping weights, dimensions, upsells, cross sells etc. Please ask us for the data values needed for your specific ecommerce site.
- Emails – for messages and order contact forms etc
- RSS Feed – We can create on for you if not available.
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Pintrest etc.
If you’re not hosting with us (you really should be) or if you already have a website where we can migrate content from you should provide us with the following –
- Hosting company – to access your files
- FTP – another way for us to work quickly on your content
- Domain registrar details – so we can point your domain name to the correct server when going live.
Third Party Account Logins
If you’ve asked us to integrate 3rd party plugins or features into your website then you should provide us with login details for each of the integrations. For example, Mailchimp, PayPal, Stripe etc.
All other supporting files should be uploaded to our Google Drive where appropriate. For example, PDFs if you are distributing documents or eBooks OR Audio files such as MP3s.
What If I need to add more assets?
Above is a basic list of the assets required for your website. Sometimes its the case that a new asset is needed to be added to the website. This is no problem, if we’re still building your website this can be added within one of your revision rounds. If the website is already completed we can easily add assets at our hourly rate.
Need Help with Copywriting?
If you’re struggling to write your content then we have an excellent team of copywriters to help you. We’ll have a friendly chat about your professional and personal life and tease as much information out of you as possible. Then we will get to work on engaging content that will bring the most value to your website. Email us at email@example.com